Sunday, March 21, 2010

Personalizing Muslin with Shimmerz Vibez and Spritz


I've got a huge stash of white and cream colored muslin hanging around my studio. (In case you aren't familiar with muslin...it is a very inexpensive fabric that is used in quilting, linings etc.) I love using it on cards, scrapbook layouts, art journal pages and mini art quilts. One of my favorite things to do is to to use my stamps, StazOn ink and my Shimmerz Vibez and Spritz to take transform my plain-jane muslin into something exquisite!

If you stamp your muslin first using StazOn ink (it won't run when it gets wet), then spray, the stamp will take a back seat to the color of the Spritz/Vibez. If you reverse the order and spray first then stamp, your stamp will take a more prominent role. Play around and see what you like.


On my dress form mini-art quilt, I first stamped with a script stamp, then spritzed with Olive Branch Spritz. Once it was dry, I sewed on my dress form. (The dress form was cut with my Silhouette SD out of plain white copier paper then sprayed with Rolling in the Hay Vibez.) The heart is another small snippet of muslin that I sprayed with Red-y-Or-Not Vibez. The entire process is very simple, but the results are stunning!

 Materials: Silhouette SD dress form image; muslin, Judikins stamp; StazOn ink; Shimmerz Vibez, and Spritz

If you are interesting in learning more about this technique, leave me a comment and I'll get a video in the works.

Happy Creating!

xoxo
Bethany Kartchner

10 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh this is PERFECT and I would love to know more as to the HOW TO's!!!

jo said...

Oh WOW!!! This is stunning!

Roberta said...

Another FABULOUS project!!! Great job.

Ciao ciao

karennarelle said...

Yes please, video please......Love , love love it! One question I am going to make a memory box can I mod podge(is that how I;d attach it?) the muslin on and then spritz or the other way around???

liannallama said...

lovely project! Thanks for the spritz tips!

Stacy Cohen said...

So pretty!!!

Stacy Cohen said...

So pretty!!!

Stac said...

Girl!!! You are on a roll. Absolutely over the top awesome!

LG said...

AMAZING! I love what you did with this

Gio said...

It's wonderful! Love it!