Thursday, March 25, 2010

Keeping It Simple

This past week my daughter turned one. While party planning is fun and exciting, it can also be stressful. I decided a few months ago that the ‘cake’ for her party would be cupcakes. I needed just a little something for the topper and Shimmerz Vibez came to my rescue. I absolutely love how the topper turned out and thought that display was perfect with the Shimmerz accents.



I started with a journaling chipboard piece from my stash. I spritz Razzle Dazzle Berry on it with two coats. Then I mounted the Thickers and hot glued a skewer to the back. That’s it! Simple, simple, simple – yet adorable and a perfect addition to her party table.

Using the same technique as above, I also created a sign for the party favors (pictured here in the background).

Singing to the birthday girl:

And a *mandatory* picture of Eloise (aka the birthday girl):

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Jessie A.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Roberta said...

Simple but very beautiful!

Ciao ciao

Nicole said...

Super cute! And I love the cupcake idea!

Stac said...

Happy Birthday Ella!!!! Cute cupcakes.

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

I love the way it all turned out. It added just the right bit of sparkle :).