Monday, November 16, 2009

Remember Give Thanks

Thanksgiving is sneaking upon us...are you ready for it?! Have you had a chance to participate in the "What are you thankful for" challenge yet?? Well I have a little something thankful here to inspire you (hopefully!) :)

Imagine some Tickle Me Turquoise Shimmerz on a Thanksgiving card. Having a hard time?? Well let me show you what I did! I took a piece of vanilla cardstock as my base and distressed the edges. After doing that, I applied Tickle Me Turquoise Shimmerz all over the outer edges. LOVED the look, however it was a bit bright. No worries!!! More Shimmerz to the rescue! I then reached for my Antique Lace Shimmerz and sponged that right on top! Take a look at the result!


It almost gives a patina effect and I am loving it!! And my finished card...


So yeah, not exactly your typical Thanksgiving card, but fun nonetheless!! I loved reaching for such a bright summery color even in the midst of fall. Just goes to show...you can use ALL your Shimmerz colors ALL the time!

Hope you liked it! :)

Melissa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This card is gorgeous! The color combo is fantastic!

Stac said...

A truly Gorgeous card. Thanks Melissa!