Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thank You Cards and a Shimmerz Tip

After all the Shimmerz Birthday Blog Hop excitement, I decided to make some quick and easy thank you cards. You always need thank you cards after your birthday, right?

(All images by A Muse Art Stamps)

I made a big batch and they came together really quickly. Although their design is very simple, I still want the recipient to feel special. So, I highlighted the Zinnia centers with Angel Wings Shimmerz and three black pearls. By choosing one neutral pot of Shimmerz ie Angel Wings, I was able to speed up my production time, but still add that all important sparkle!


Now a quick tip:

I've been asked several times about mixing up Shimmerz because it can separate between uses. Here's what I do:

I keep a pot of toothpicks in my Shimmerz drawer. When I need to mix up my Shimmerz, I use one to stir it up. The sharp point scrapes along the bottom and sides, and mixes it up really well. Toothpicks are cheap, can go straight in the trash afterward and they don't waste any of your precious Shimmerz!

Thanks for stopping by the Shimmerz blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT tip! Thanks for sharing!
~Heather

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great tip! Gorgeous cards!