Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Spritzing Ribbon

One of the first things I sprayed with my new Shimmerz Spritz was ribbon. I rounded up all the white or cream colored ribbon and trim I could find in my stash and began spritzing. I used Bed of Roses Spritz on all the samples, so I could compare the results. And they were fabulous!

The photos below show one plain piece and one spritzed piece of ribbon. Most pieces received two coats of Bed of Roses. The samples made from natural fibers, such as the cotton rick rack and twill tape absorbed the most color and sparkle, even though it's hard to see the shimmer in the picture.

The spritz beaded a little on the surfaces of the synthetic fibers, such as felt. But once they were blotted with paper towels, there was plenty of color and shimmer.

Grosgrain and velvet ribbons:

Here's the complete cheat sheet I made for myself for future reference.

This is a card I made with some dyed organdy ribbon.

The flowers (Sweet Peas by Flourishes) were painted with Burgundy Shimmerz.

I hope you're inspired to dig through your ribbon and start spritzing!

Don't forget to check out our new Shimmerz Darez - you could win a great Shimmerz prize package!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to add new life to old ribbon and fibres! Love your cheat sheet!