Saturday, May 18, 2024

Best Ever | Sarah Millerhouse | May 2024 Color Kitz

 


I am SO excited to share my first layout using the May Color Kitz! I love all the blues, and they were perfect for capturing a Mother's Day memory with my sweet mom, who happens to love navy blue! Be sure to check out the process video linked below!


This layout was definitely a process for me! It did not end up the way it started, and I made several drastic changes along the way to get it just right (check out the process video to learn more about the changes I made)!


I loved using four of the patterned papers in the Color Kitz Paper Collection on the background to make a wonky circle. I also fussy cut out the long sprig of blue flowers from one of the patterned papers. 


I tucked in lots of ephemera down the sprig of flowers along the center of the layout to create a multi-layered look. I added craft foam in between all the layers to get just the right amount of dimension between the layers! 


I used the Vibez - Don't Rain on My Parade, Shimmerz - All is Frost, and Shimmerz - Antique Lace at the top of the circle and bottom of the circle to layer behind the ephemera. I also used the Antique Lace on both sides of the circle to finish off the look. 


I added some half pearls and crystals from my stash tucked into the floral cluster and around the ephemera to add some more visual interest. I also added in Pops of Colors in coordinating colors for some added detailing! 


I hope this layout inspires you in some way! 
Check out the process video here: Full Process Video!
Remember to add my name, Sarah Millerhouse, to your order to get a free gift!
Have a beautiful day!












No comments: