Wednesday, November 29, 2023

November Color Kitz-Rhonda Reno

 Hello everyone, it's Rhonda here with a new layout to share with you.  The colors in this month's Color Kitz  are amazing as always. Phenomenal combination of paints and sprays. I'm always blown away at the beautiful collection of paints each month.

My first step in creating this layout was to paint the flowers using the paints in the purple tones "Inklingz-Ruby Lost Her Slippers', Blingz 'Gold N Roses' and Vibez 'Raisin Cane.' Painting and creating florals for my layouts is one of my favorite things and these turned out beautiful. I added some highlights to my flowers with some diamond Stickles.


The next step for me was creating the mixed media background...my VERY favorite part of using Shimmerz! I used all the colors from the kit on my background. Unfortunately, a lot of the background was covered up but you can see the hints of it peeking around the layout.
I used the colors listed above as well as Vibez 'Hot Fudge' and Shimmerz 'Christmas Cheer.'


I added some extra texture with a stencil and some Ranger texture paste.
I used the Vibez Hot Fudge for the 2 cardstock doilies...it's a gorgeous brown color with copper tones--absolutely perfect for this vintage photo of my great great grandparents. 

I added some greenery to the floral clusters as well as a few scattered hot melt dots that I've had in my stash for years and years.

Be sure and check out all the kitz for this month on the Shimmerz Paints website. And also be sure and add the name of any design team member to the comment section of your order for a little surprise. 

We would love to see anything you create using Shimmerz products in our FB group Shimmerz Paints Sharez!

Happy crafting, friends!

~Rhonda~



No comments: