Thursday, March 30, 2023

Shimmerz Paints | MK Gunn | Memories That Make Me Smile

 Hey, it's MK here! I was so happy to play with the brand new March Paint + Paper Collection! I painted, fussy cut and punched out all the items I needed for my layout all from one paper pack!

First, I adhered some cheesecloth to the center of the Messy Circle paper using some gel meduim I had in my stash.  After that dried, I used Vibez Ocean Water (from the Paint + Paper Collection) and Spritz Sapphire to color the cheesecloth. Set it off to the side to dry.



While that was drying, I painted some lines on the Dotted Criss-cross paper from the collection. I used Shimmerz Slow Ocean, Creameez Boogie Boardin' Blue, Shimmerz Rita on the Rocks, Shimmers So Sappy, and Inklings Ruby Lost Her Slipperz. Set that off to dry....once it was dried, I used a boarder punch to punch out some seaweed.



I fussy cut some leaves out of the backside of the Woodgrain paper and used the Woodgrain to mat my photo.  I also used 2" strips of the Teal Dot paper to put behind my photo.

Now I am ready to put my layout together.  I used foam behind my photo to give the layout a little bit of dimension and liquid glue to secure everything to the cheesecloth.


After I figured out how I wanted my seaweed and leaves to sit, I added flair from the Paint + Paper collection, a few fussy cut turtles I had in my stash and loads of sequins to give it that underwater movement.


I built my title using "Memories" from the Word Strips paper from the collection, the luscious puffy words from Felicity Jane that came in the collection and a few tile alphas I had in my stash.



That is all that I have for you today.  Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope you have a great one and I'll check back in soon.



No comments: