Monday, February 27, 2023

My Sweet Pea | February Color Kitz | Sarah Millerhouse

 Hi, friends! It's Sarah Millerhouse here, and I am excited to be sharing my next layout with you featuring the February Color Kitz! I also used this month's cutfile, and I love how it looks on the page. I have a full process video linked at the bottom of this post. I hope this layout inspires you in some way!


I started this layout by cutting the cutfile and circles on textured white cardstock. The cutfile is about 4 inches by 5 inches. The circles are varying sizes of 1.5 inches, 2 inches, and 2.5 inches. I painted the cutfile using the Coloringz - Moody Mauve. I painted the circles using Creameez - Sage it Ain't So, Shimmerz - Antique Lace, and Shimmerz - Oh, My Squash. Once the circles dried, I ran them through my SpellBinder using a Sizzix texture folder. This added all of the lines and dots to the circles. 


I cut the cutfile again in white and filled in the letters using the Contour Tool in Cricut. I cut it a third time, using the Offset Tool to create a shadow layer, and I painted that with Shimmerz - In The Navy (from the January Color Kitz). When I glued it all together, I only added a touch of glue in the middles of the top letters so I could curl up the ends. 


On the background, I used Shimmerz Spritz - Hint of Mint from my stash. I used circle stamps from the Print Shop collection to layer on the stamped images to the background. I used Distress Oxides - Chipped Sapphire (coordinates well with Shimmerz - In The Navy) and Seedless Preserves (coordinates perfectly with Coloringz - Moody Mauve). 

My sweet photos and the cutfile title take center stage on the layout. Circles were the theme of this layout because I loved all of the bubbles in my photos. I glued the circles above and below the photos, adding craft foam to random circles to create dimension. I used a punch from my stash to punch 1 inch circles from patterned papers in the Print Shop collection. I layered these here and there among the painted circles. 


I finished the layout with embellishments from the collection, lots of shiny objects in clusters around the page, and dots of color using Liquid Pearls and Pops of Color from my stash.


Please watch the full process video here: FULL PROCESS VIDEO HERE







No comments: