Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Happy | February Color Kitz | Sarah Millerhouse

Hello! I am excited to share my first layout created using the February Color Kitz! I absolutely love the combination of colors in this kit. 


For my layout, I started with the Coloringz - "Moody Mauve" and Vibez - "A Thrill on Mulberry Hill" on the background. I sprayed both of these colors and added a touch of water. I let the color run around the center of the layout and moved the paper around to make sure I got good coverage. I set it aside to dry for a few minutes. 
Once it was dry, I put down a 12x12 stencil from Peartree Cutfiles and used Texture Paste to add texture and visual interest to the background. I set it aside to dry for about 30 minutes. 
I put the stencil back down on the layout and added color on top of the texture paste. I used the Shimmerz - "Oh My Squash" and Creameez - "Sage It Ain't So" from the Color Kitz to add a contrasting pop of color. I let this dry for about 10 minutes before pulling up the stencil. Once I picked the stencil up, I dabbed up the areas where the color had slightly bled under the stencil. I love the messy, colorful vibe, so the bleeding color only adds to the charm of the layout. I also added a few splatter on the Shimmerz - "Antique Lace" around the layout. 
I then added lots of patterned paper and embellishments from the new Blooming Wild collection by Paige Evans. I love the hexagon patterned paper in this collection and how well it paired with my mixed media on the background. 
I finished by adding a few shiny embellishments from Buttons Galore and some detailing to the middle of the flowers and clusters with Pops of Color and Liquid Pearls. 

I love all of the details in a full process video linked below:

I hope you will share your projects using the beautiful February Colors Kitz! Happy Creating! 











No comments: