Saturday, January 21, 2023

Shimmerz Paints | MK Gunn | A 5 Star Day

 Hey it's MK back with a fun background for you all.  I used some Shimmerz, Creameez & Inklingz mixed with ink pads to create my background from white paper as well as change the color of a chipboard piece, wood veneer stars and some acrylic pieces.  Let me show you how:


First I used a stencil and a brown ink pad on my background.  Then I used a coordinating stamp to stamp the lines around the stencil work with blue ink.  I then used the packaging technique with Inklingz in Emerald City - such a gorgeous blue-green color, absolutely perfect for a patina look.  I also used the packaging technique with Creameez Witches Blue - a beautiful navy blue.  Then I used another stencil with the blue ink to make it look like the image came from the packaging technique.



Once all that was dry, I thought my background was a little too stark white, so I took the browm ink pad and blended it all over the background.

Now let's work on some embellishments.  I had a raw chipboard piece and some wood veneer that needed a little bit of color.  I painted the circle on the chipboard piece with Emerald City.  Used Creameez in Thuderstorm - the perfect silver - and Creameez in Crows Feet - a charcoal black that I feel needs to be in everyone's craftroom - for the swirls around the circle.


I painted the wood veneer stars in Shimmerz Bumbly Bee - such a buttery yellow.


While I was waiting for those peices to dry, I decided to see if I could paint my acrylic pieces...boy am I glad I did!  The mottled effect the paint gave to the acrylic is right up my alley!  I used Creameez in Witches Blue and set if off to the side to dry.


While the elements were drying (just for a few mintues), I matted my photos, glued a piece of blueprint paper to the background and splattered the background with Creameez in Thunderstorm.  Now my project is ready to be glued together.  I used an L-shaped design in the lower left corner.


This was such a fun, messy project!  Thanks for coming along with me to see how it was done.


If you are interested in a free gift, add my name in the comments section during check out.

I also have thie process video for this layout up on my YouTube channel.


As always, I hope you have a great day & I'll be back to check you later!











No comments: