Wednesday, December 7, 2022

See the Beauty Right Here | Shimmerz Paints | MK

 Hey it's MK!  I'm back to show you how to spruce up some really old embossed cardstock using a great collection of blue hues.  The paints I used today are: 

Inklings: Frosty's Buns, Steely Blue Eyes & Blue My Mind

Creameez: Witches Brew, Boogie Boardin' Blue & Crow's Feet

Shimmerz: Slow Ocean  -  Spritz: Granny Gray

Sequins from the October 2022 Color Kitz Collection

I started by outlining my papers so I didn't paint where it wasn't going to be seen.  Then I took the lightest blue and babbed around both pages, reapeating the process with all the blues.  I used Crow's Feet to splatter all over the "mermaid scales". I love the effect and that gold that hides in Blue my Mind was the perfect touch.



After my background dried, I assembled the layout and all the embellishments.  Then I took Granny Gray and splattered around all the embellishment clusters.  Lastly, I added sequin clusters all over the layout.  I have to say that the sequins were definitely the finishing touch for this project.







Thank you so much for stopping by!  If you'd like to see the whole layout process, check out my video here: https://youtu.be/4zOkSQ9blJ0


Remember, if you drop my name into the comments section when you place an order, you'll get a freebie!  How cool is that?!



I'll see you next time for another Shimmerz project!

Check you later!
MK





No comments: