Thursday, August 25, 2022

The Ocean Is a Mighty Harmonist, A Page For The Shimmerz Paints DT

 Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new page for the amazing Shimmerz Paints! Go and see all the                                                                               fun treasures there! 

                                    Photo credit: Pixabay, and a boy from Tim Holtz Paper Dolls.







I put the layers under the photo together,starting with taping on watercolor paper under the image to make it stronger and to lie flat. I taped together layers of cardboard with the photo on top.I made a mat out of watercolor paper. On the corrugated cardboard I poured on Ultra Thick Embossing Powder onto wet Gesso. I heated it with a heat gun,this was to add texture. I also put on Rock Candy Clear Crackle on the mermaid, and on a few areas on the corrugated cardboard.





  The background paper is from 49 and Market, I painted on Clear Gesso so the paper didn't absorb the paints. I applied Prima Platinum crackle through a Prima stencil with a spatula.  I put the layers on the page, and applied Prima Platinum crackle through a Prima stencil with a spatula. I started adding other items. I applied white gesso to the chipboard so the paint would have something to "grip onto to".


                                   I brushed on different colors of  Shimmerz paints on the bg paper, the mat, and                                                                                       the chipboard:                                                                                                      



 







To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads,glass glitter,iridescent wrapping paper, glass beads, swarovski crystals,sequins,shells, gold thread,rub ons, pearls,metal from Reneabouquets,Tim Holtz, Vintaj,Beautiful Board from Reneabouquets,and bling and metal from my stash. At the bottom right I used freshwater pearls, labradorite, moonstones,and abalone. I rubbed on gold mica powder on a lot of of the raised areas. Most of the things are glued on individually with Glossy Accents.I used double sided foam tape for heavier items, and to put the cardboard layers together. 





                                       Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!




No comments: