Friday, August 19, 2022

Loving This | August Color Kitz | Lorimar Ortega

Hello Shimmerz Family!

August for us is in full swing with homeschool already started up and the usual slipping into a routine that comes with it. Yet, it's always good to remember the summer memories that we've made, and the August Color Kitz is perfect for that! You can grab yours at www.shimmerzpaints.com 

Here we go!

I began with a blank sheet of white textured cardstock and sprayed and splashed Pink Stilettos into the center of it. I chose this color because I wanted my picture to really pop.  I also splashed Slow Ocean and Bumble Bee. While this dried, I colored the two floaty cut files, one with Seas the Day and other with Love Ocean #9. Using the left over centers of the cut files, I added glue and dumped the packet of sequins on them for a pop of sparkles.

Once everything was dried and ready, I added a yellow patterned paper mat to my photo (from the gorgeous Paige Evans Splendid collection) and popped it up on craft foam. I also popped the sequined circles on craft foam for added dimension. I placed the cut files as seen in the picture and then added on the sequined circles and photo. I then began to add in embellishments from my stash; I used items from Vicki Boutin's Sweet Rush collection because they paired together amazingly.

In order to make the yellow from Bumble Bee pop a bit more, I added my journaling in gold ink, and also did some doodles with it around the border. Final step was to pop in the Dots from the Color Kitz as well as some that I had in my stash. To tie everything together, I splashed some more of Bumbly Bee and Slow Ocean. That's it!

Thank you so much for joining me today! Remember, you can get a freebie on your next Shimmerz Paints order by typing "Lorimar" in the notes section of it. 

Take care,
Lorimar
 




No comments: