Wednesday, August 10, 2022

August 2022 Color Kitz | Brianna Lepper

Hey friends!  Brianna Lepper here today and I'm SO excited to share my new layout with y'all using the super gorgeous August 2022 Color Kitz.  As y'all might already know, Summer is my favorite season and this kit is screaming Summer.  Here's my page, don't forget to check out my process video at the end of this post:


This months kit comes with two cut filez!  We get a flamingo floatie and a regular lifesaver type floatie.  How cute!  Since we get a package of Sequinz in the kit as well, I just had to turn one of the cut filez into a sequin shaker.  But before we get into that, let's talk about my background.  Since my photo is of my pup in our pool, I had to create a fun water inspired background using the blues in the kit.  I decided to use the technique that I've done in the past where I take texture paste and push Bubblez into the paste for a fun texture.  I used the Blue Bubblez from my stash and to me, they totally look like bubbles in a pool.  

I tried to apply the paste on in somewhat of a free flowing, wavy pattern to mimic our pool and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.  Super cute and adds so much interest to my page.  I thought it would be the perfect background for my floaties to sit on.  I then sprayed on both the Seas The Day and Love Ocean #9 Vibez all around the page.



I set aside my background to dry and got to work on my floatie cut filez.  I turned the lifesaver one into a shaker by gluing it to a large piece of acetate and then applying thin foam strips around the outside and inside perimeter.  This gives a space for my sequinz to sit.  So then I poured my sequinz into my shaker and closed it up with a piece of vellum.  I prefer closing my shakers with vellum so that you can still see my pretty mixed media background behind it.  

I worked on the flamingo floatie next and started coloring it by adding the Pink Stilettos Coloringz and Bumbly Bee Shimmerz directly onto my glass mat.  I smooshed the pieces of my flamingo into the colors to create a watercolor look.  I repeated the same process with the extra lifesaver floaties that I ended up cutting out.  


Once all of my pieces were dry, I backed my flamingo and started adhering everything down to my background.  I used the extra lifesaver floaties as layering pieces and layered them under my photo and under the shaker and flamingo.   I added my embellishment clusters next and made sure to include the Dotz from the kit into each one.  


Here's another cluster up at the top right of my page:


I had so much fun creating this fun background as well as making the shaker and backing my cut file with even more color.  I love how bright and happy this page came out.


Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope that I've inspired you in some way!  Have you given the bubblez on top of paste technique a try?  Or have you created a shaker in a cut file or even backed a cut file with mixed media?  I hope that you'll give one of those a try, it's so much fun!  Make sure to add my name in the notes/comments section of your next order to receive a free gift!  See you next month friends!

Brianna


















No comments: