Friday, July 15, 2022

Snapshot | Lorimar Ortega | Shimmerz Paints June Color Kitz 2022 with Vicki Boutin Sweet Rush

 Hello Shimmerz Paints Pals!

Have you picked up the June 2022 Color Kitz yet? It is truly stunning, and that cutfile is just to die for! Today's layout features lots of mixed media and layers so sit tight and read on on how to acchieve it.


I started off with this gorgeous black and white patterned paper from Vicki Boutin's Sweet Rush collection. On it I sprayed Practice What You Peach and Sunset Strip. I also splattered Frosty Buns and Practice What You Peach using a brush. I set the base aside to dry while I worked on the butterfly cutfile. 

This cutfile is so versatile since it can be used in a variety of ways. I used all 6 layers and cut them all out the same size which is roughly 6x6. I can colored each layer a different color in order to achieve a more dimensional look. The butterfly itself will end up with a thickness similar to a chipboard thicker, but I also popped it up some more using craft foam between the 2 and 3 layers. Let's take a break from the cutfile to work on the base once more.

Once my base was dry, I used the ferns stencil and molding paste to make yet another mixed media layer. This I made in a diagonal from left to right. While this dried, I began to prep my photo. Since my photo is very bright and a bit on the neutral side, I decided to mat with a scrap piece of cardstock which I colored with Pip Pip Cheery-o. When it dried, I matted my picture and added craft foam beneath it.

Finally, we have reached the point of assembling the layout. I began by adding the butterfly at an angle and situated my photo to the upper right hand corner of it. Then came the process of adding in some colorful embellishments, all of which are from Vicki Boutin's Sweet Rush collection. To finish off my layout, I splashed some Practice What You Peach and Frosty Buns all around my layout.

That's it! Remember you can get a freebie in your order by typing "Lorimar" in the comments section of your next order.

Take care,
Lorimar







No comments: