Thursday, April 21, 2022

Forever | Shimmerz Color Kitz April 2022

 Hello Shimmerz Fans,

    Isn't the April Color Kitz just uber cute? I truly believe it's my most favorite kit to date; I've swooned over those gorgeous blues and purples, and that pop of green is really something! My layout, this time, is a mixed media overload so I've divided up the process into areas rather than documenting it in chronological order. If you would like to create along, you can grab the kit HERE and watch the process video HERE.

Here we go!

#1 - Base -

    I began with a white sheet of textured cardstock and added It's A Boy and Colder Than Ice in brushstrokes on the right hand side of the base. To create that artsy look, I used a scraping tool to smoosh the two blues together.


#2 - Green Mat - 

    To balance out the blues and pick up on the green blouse that I was wearing in the pictures, I cut a scrap piece of cardstock to roughly 6x5. Then I punched 2 of the edges with a notebook punch, and sprayed and splashed Keep Palm on it.


#3 - Sequined Hearts

    I had some leftover heart negatives from a cutfile I had previously used so I put them to good work by adding glue to them and then pouring the sequins (from the kit) on them. They will serve as embellishments.


#4 - Embellishments -

    For the first time in a long while, I actually sat down at my desk and pre-planned my layout. I began to pull out random embellishments from Cocoa Vanilla Studios, Pebbles, Simple Stories, Vicki Boutin, Paige Evans, and American Crafts that fit the color scheme from the Color Kitz and the overall theme of my layout. I also picked out some lavender, periwinkle and white thread to add in.


Assembling my layout

    Starting off with my base, I prepped it, I then layered in some of the of the ephemera and the green mat beneath my pictures (sized 4x4 and matted with patterned paper and craft foam for dimension). Afterwards, I added in all the embellishments, popped up the sequined hearts on craft foam and stuck on the Dotz from the Color Kitz. Finished the layout off by splattering some more of the gorgeous colors and writing in my journaling.

That's it! Thank you so much for joining me today; I hope I've inspired you in some way to get your story documented. Be sure to use my name (LORIMAR) in the comments section of your next Shimmerz Order so you can receive a freebie!

- Lorimar

No comments: