Sunday, December 5, 2021

Documenting December in a Mini Album with Daisie Scraps

 

Hi everyone!  I’m here to share my December Memories mini book that I created using some tags.  

I am not one that can keep up with December Daily but still enjoy documenting the big or special moments.  

 



To begin, I prepped a 12x12 sheet of white cardstock with some gesso.  I knew I was going to do a lot of 

mixed media so I wanted to protect my paper.  The gesso acts like a shield to keep the paints from 

immediately absorbing into the paper.  It also allows for some time to correct mistakes. 


Once that dried, I used my Silhouette to cut out the tags I decided to use.  Some of them are embellished

 with cut files or titles.  I thought it would be perfect for this project.  While it was cutting I selected my color 

palette.  I chose a pattern paper that I really liked and chose my colors based off that.  

 




Next, I started painting.  Not every tag got some color but most did.  I loved playing around with the 

different tags.  I was able to use the color to make the album flow.  When the paint dried they were 

slightly warped.  To fix this, I backed each tag with some pattern papers.  The added thickness really 

helped to flatten the tags.  I also placed a bunch of paper pads on them to help weigh them down and 

flatten them.  

 

 



Finally, I embellished each tag.  It took some time to do this part.  I fussed over each tag pulling in 

different elements.  I added some paint to a few of them to add some shimmer.  I love altering products 

to make them mine.  Now I just have to make and add the memories!

 
  Please head over to YouTube and check it out!  Don’t forget that you can add my name (Daisie) to your 
next purchase from the Shimmerz Shop to get a fun freebie with your order.
 
 https://youtu.be/iQLvGpOgSUg

Thanks for visiting!  Have a crafty day!


Daisie Scraps

No comments: