Tuesday, September 14, 2021

September 2021 Color Kitz | Brianna Lepper

Hey friends! Brianna Lepper here with you today sharing a new layout using the gorgeous September 2021 Color Kitz!  For an up close look at the kit contents and to see how this page came together, make sure to check out my process video at the end of this post.  Here's my layout:  





To start, I took all of the colors in the kit (minus Silver Bells) and put them all down on my glass mat.  I then took the inner leaf pieces from the cut file and smooshed them into the colors allowing them to blend and mix together. This technique totally gives it a different look when the paint dries and I love it!  It does get your hands messy, but who doesn't like to get a little messy every now and then??  




While the leaves were drying, I pulled out a piece of thick white cardstock and added gesso to it.  Once it was ready, I sprayed and splattered all of the colors in the kit into a circle shape.  I wanted a fun background for the cut file to sit on top of.  After it was dry, I adhered the cut file down and added foam tape to all of my leaf pieces and put them back in their appropriate spots.  I love how it turned out!  




Next, I pulled out the Dotz from the kit and created three different embellishment clusters using some floral ephemera as well.  I added in some tangled thread and adhered the Dotz to each cluster.  I then took the foliage stickers from the kit and tucked/layered them in.  I popped them up on foam tape to give them some extra lift.  




Here's another shot of the Dotz: 




I embellished the rest of my page and that finished off my page!  The background and cut file were both super busy so I didn't want to take too much away from them.  




Have you tried the smooshing technique using your Shimmerz Paints?  It's so fun! Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope that I've inspired you in some way!  Please check out my process video below and make sure to add your name to the notes/comments section to your next order and you'll receive a free gift!  See you next time friends!















No comments: