Tuesday, August 10, 2021

August Color Kitz | Brianna Lepper

 Hey friends!  Brianna Lepper here today with a new layout for y'all using the gorgeous new August 2021 Color Kitz!  This months kit is so stunning and I had so much fun creating with it!



To start, I cut the exclusive cut file out on a piece of white cardstock.  While I was still in my Silhouette Software, I duplicated and offset the inner pieces of the mandala and cut those as well.  I wanted to back the cut file using the colors in the kit so I had my Silhouette do the work for me.  This makes it so much easier when it's time to back it!  I left all of the pieces on my cutting mat and started painting each piece using the colors in the kit.  




Once I was finished painting all of the backing pieces, I set them aside to dry and got to work on my background.  I took a piece of thick white cardstock and sprayed some clean water on it.  I then took the Velveteen Green from the kit and sprayed/painted it on and also added in Antique Lace to give it even more shimmer!  I wanted a bit of blue since the collection that I chose to use had some blue in it.  I pulled a Jeni B Bleu Vibez from my stash and added it in.  I wanted my background to look like the ocean/sand since my photo is of my son at the beach.  I love how it turned out, those colors went so well together and blended perfectly!




I love the colors in this kit!




Next, I backed my cut file and popped it up on foam tape and adhered it to my background.  Then, I started embellishing!  I matted my photo, got my title down and then pulled out the super cute paper clips from the kit and added them to a couple of clusters.  




I pulled two of the Dotz from the kit and also got those added into my clusters.  



Here's another up close shot:



Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope that I've inspired you in some way today!  Make sure to check out my process video below and also add my name in the notes/comments section of your next order and you'll receive a free gift!  See you next month friends!




















No comments: