Friday, May 28, 2021

Love Grows Here | Sara Scraps

Hello Everyone! Sara with you today on the Shimmerz blog! I hope you are all ready for a crafty quiet weekend..I know I am! Let's get the inspiration started with a fun Shimmerz technique using cut files and Creamez paints, shall we?? 


I started my layout with a cut file..any one that you love will work. I used the Love Grows Here file from Cut To You. I cut my file on nice thick white cardstock so it could handle the paint.


I first removed the cut file from the mat very,very,very gently, careful not to remove the inside pieces. 
I left the inside pieces on the sticky mat for stability (and also so I wouldnt forget where they went) and then it was time to paint! 


I chose Daffodil, Berry Hot, and Lettuce Get Together Creamez and carefully painted each of the inside pieces of the cut file. being careful not to get paint on the sticky Silhouette mat. I found that the smallest paint brush in my stash worked the best! 


Once I had painted each of the pieces, I adhered the original outline cut file to my background paper, made sure my paint was thoroughly dry, and then used wet glue to "inlay" all the cut file pieces back into place.
This technique is fun and easy...oh, and if you don't like backing cut files, this is a great way to give them color and interest with no cutting! 
Products Used-

I also have a video up on my You Tube channel showing all the steps and how I finished this layout off.
https://youtu.be/H-TZQenCtkc

Have A Lovely Day! 
Sara 







 

1 comment:

Childoftherockgarden said...

This is just gorgeous, Sara. I love the way you colored the inside of your cut file with Shimmerz cream paints!