Friday, April 23, 2021

Some Bunny Loves You | Niki Rowland | April 2021 Color Kitz

 

Hi everyone, this is Niki (@nikiclairecreates) with a new layout and process video using the April 2021 Color Kitz. 

I am absolutely in love with this kit, it has such beautiful colours. The kit contains five colours of Shimmerz paints:  Pixie Dust Blingz, It’s Mint to Be Shimmerz, So Blue-ti-ful Vibez, Taffy Hour Vibez and Sweet Baby Girl Shimmeringz. As well as these beautiful colours of paints, the Kitz contains a pack of three beautiful Dotz and a sequin mix by Spiegelmom Scraps called Baby Stella. In addition to these things there is also an exclusive cut file which is a title ‘some bunny loves you’.



I started by cutting the cut file from marshmallow card. I also cut the backfilled letters from lilac paper. I then painted the outline cut file with Pixie Dust Blingz. This is a very light coloured paint but it’s packed FULL of glitter and shimmer so it gave my white cut file a beautiful colour, sparkle and texture. I set that aside to dry while I worked on my background.



I began to make a background with the other colours from the April Kitz. I started by spraying Sweet Baby Girl all over the background. I also added Taffy Hour Vibez and So Blue-ti-ful Vibez. I applied these by spraying directly onto the background. I dried them with a heat tool and then applied It’s Mint to Be Shimmerz using the packaging technique and dripping large drips. I also added more Sweet Baby Girl. Once it was all dry I added splatters of all colours.

Once my cut file was dry I backed it with the lilac paper ready cut earlier. I arranged this title and my four photos onto my layout. My photos just weren’t working with the colours so I re-printed them in black and white and then they worked perfectly! That’s a great tip, if ever you have colours that clash, the printing photos in black and white almost always fixes that problem!



I stuck down all the elements, including some tags behind the photos and some bunny embellishments. I only added a few more embellishments: some labels, some chipboard pieces and a couple of Perspextives. I also added two of the Dotz that came with the April Color Kitz.

I finished off by scattering the beautiful Baby Stella Spiegelmom Scraps sequins all around the outside of my design and then added a few last splatters. Here's another look at the finished layout:



Thank you so much for joining me today and don’t forget that if you place an order via the Shimmerz Store, put my name in the comments to receive a freebie. Enjoy the process video below.


Happy scrapping xx 

@nikiclairecreates






No comments: