Friday, January 29, 2021

You Bring the Sparkle to My Life | Niki Rowland | January Color Kitz

 

Hi everyone, this is Niki (@nikiclairecreates) and here is a new layout I'm sharing today using the January 2021 Color Kitz. This kit is gorgeous and contains five colors of Shimmerz Paint: Snow Storm Vibez, I Love You Onyxly Inklingz, Good as Gold Inklingz and two new colors: Be Right Black Vibez and Star Bright Shimmerz.


I started off with a sheet of 12x12 marshmallow cardstock. I spritzed it with the Snow Storm Vibez to give it a shimmer all over, and set it aside to dry.

I cut the exclusive cut file 'you bring the Sparkle into my Life' out of white marshmallow cardstock. I also cut a backing piece for the word 'sparkle' from acetate - this is so I can create a 'fake' shaker pocket later. I then spent some time carefully painting the cut file with I love You Onyxly Inklingz. I gave it two coats.

 

I then painted a large area onto the background with Star Bright Shimmerz. This is a white gold paint that shimmers but also contains gold glitter - OMG this is the most amazing paint I have ever seen!! I painted a large area using a wide paintbrush. The aim was to create an area with this paint that the cut file could sit on. Once dry I also added Good as Gold Inklingz in three areas using the packaging technique and then sprayed the background in three places with Be Right Black Vibez.

When everything was dry I trimmed down my layout on two sides, added black pom pom trim and layered it onto a striped background paper. I then added my cut file to the layout with machine stitching. I cut lots of 1" squares of black patterned paper and positioned them randomly all over the layout! I added stars, acetate pieces and snowflakes to the layout as well as the three gorgeous Dotz that came with the Color Kitz. I also added an acrylic 'hello 2021' sub title by Bramble Fox.

 

Finally I moved onto my 'fake shaker' title. I applied Glossy Accents glue all over the word 'sparkle' then I set tiny silver star sequins (Spiegelmom Scraps) into the adhesive. I also sprinkled over a small amount of silver glitter.

Well! This is a bit of a different layout for me but I enjoyed making it and love how it turned out - sometimes it's fun to do something different! There is a process video for this layout that can be viewed below - enjoy x 


Thanks so much for joining me today and don't forget that if you place an order via the Shimmerz Store, enter my name in the comments and you will receive a freebie!
Happy scrapping

Niki xx

@nikiclairecreates 


No comments: