Friday, July 17, 2020

Hello Summer | Niki Rowland | July Color Kitz




Hey everyone Niki (@nikiclairecreates) here with you today with a new layout and video to share. I'm delighted to have just joined the Color Kitz Team and this is my first layout using one of the fabulous Color Kitz.

July's Color Kitz contains Oh Say You Can Sea Coloringz, Blue Grass Shimmerz, Bubblegum Blast Shimmerz, Cheeky Pink Creameez and Pink Moscato Vibez. It also contains a pack of gorgeous sequins by Spiegelmom Scraps and a pack of three fun Dotz. There is also a layered hibiscus flower cut file.



I started by cutting the hibiscus cut file several times and in several sizes from a piece of white Marshmallow card. I left the flowers on my cutting mat and painted them with the beautiful colours from the kit. I added splatters to them once they were dry.



While they were drying I added some colour to a white background. I was planning on a starburst design from the top left corner so I positioned the paint on the background in a place that it would show. I wanted the background to be quite subtle because I wanted to flowers to shine. So I kept the background to a light pink - I used the Cheeky Pink and added just a small amount of Bubblegum Blast.



I then arranged my starburst papers and began adding my flowers. I layered the flowers, raising the middle section on foam pads to give extra dimension. I added other fussy cut flowers and cute embellishments. I added two of the gorgeous Dotz that were in the July Color Kitz and also added a scattering of Spiegelmom Scraps Sequins...they have flamingos in!!

I finished off with a few splatters of the Pink Moscato Vibez - I really love this colour, it's gorgeous!




Thanks so much for joining me today. Don't forget if you place an order via the Shimmerz store then put my name in the comments to receive a freebie. Enjoy the process video below.

Happy scrapping xx




@nikiclairecreates


No comments: