Thursday, July 16, 2020

Aloha Summer | Mixed Media Layout using July Color Kitz

Hello everyone!
Lori here, sharing a new layout as part of the Color Kitz team! This one also has multiple photos and lots of steps, but all are easy to replicate. All the colors and embellishments were from the July Color Kitz which you can find here.

Let's get started: I cut the cutfile from the Color Kitz on some scrap white textured cardstock to roughly 3.5 by 3.5. The first layer (petals) were colored with Pink Moscato and Bubble Gum Blast, the centers were painted with Blue Grass and the stems were done with Cheeky Pink and a bit of Bubble Gum Blast. I set all my pieces aside to dry and began to work on my base.

For this, I also selected a sheet of 12x12 white textured cardstock and, using a brayer, "rolled" Oh Say Can You See onto the center vertically to add a layer of color. I also added some Blue Grass in small strokes using a palette knife. Set this aside as well and began to work on building my flowers.
In building my flowers, I added a bit of craft foam (for dimension) between the center and petal layers. Then, to add some sparkle, I tucked the teal sea shells sequins and light pink sequins (from the Flamingo Bay sequin packet) between the layers. Once everything was set and dry, I set to work assembling my layout.
After rearranging the photos (measuring roughly 2.5 by 3.5 and matted on some light pink patterned paper), I added my flowers in and popped up the edges of the petals with craft foam. Afterwards, I created 3 clusters with small embellishments and the Dotz found in the Color Kitz. Prior to adding the Dotz, I made some "nests" of bundled thread in light pink to further add to the messy factor. 
Added my title at the bottom of the last picture, wrote my journaling to the right of it and finished off the layout with some splatters of Pink Moscato and fuchsia sequins from the sequins packet.
Thanks for sticking around to read how I made it!
You can see how I made it here.
Remember! You can get some free paint by typing "Lorimar" in the comments section of your next Shimmerz order.
Take care!
- Lorimar




No comments: