Monday, February 3, 2020

Man Crush Monday with Samantha Robles

Hi everyone! I hope you all had the best weekend. This weekend, Shimmerz Paints released the new February Color Kitz Collection. This one is all about love. The romantic reds and gorgeous pink hues. What's NOT to love about this collection? A lot of my layouts are inspired by my son and puppy. This layout though, it's all about my Man Crush Monday. My awesome husband, Nick.


I snapped this photo on our recent trip to California. I think it shows off my husband and how I see him perfectly. I started this layout with Doodlebug Design - Love Notes Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - "Secret Admirer" as my backer page. After measuring some white watercolor cardstock to leave a frame of the flower cardstock, I double stick tape it down together. Now it's time to cut the cut file! Once my file is all cut out, I take the little pieces that I plan on painting  and set them aside. I sprayed the heart in the center of the envelope with the "My Bleeding Heart Coloringz" available in this collection. The sweet little folding outlines were next. I sprayed those with one of the new exclusive colors "Pink Outside the Lines Spritz". This pink is to die for! A little bit goes a long way. While those pieces are drying, I start on my next pop of color.
I've had this fun set of Shimmerz Paints Stampz set aside. I'm a horrible stamper. I can never get the ink to not smudge. However, these stamps helped me immensely because of how they stick a little to the paper to hold it still. I used the "Fresh Start" set. The whole goal was to make it look messy. Shabby chic-ish if you would say. Once I stamp my pieces, I evenly divided them up. Half of them got the new Shimmerz color "Weakest Pink" and the other's got a super light coating of "My Bleeding Heart" Coloringz. Once those pieces are dry themselves, it's time to place everything!
Next, I back all my pieces together and start the process of tucking flowers being my photo. I mixed up both the stamped flowers and the flowers in the Doodlebug Design - Love Notes Collection - Odds and Ends - Die Cut Cardstock Pieces - I Pick You. After gluing and tucking my flowers behind my photo, I add the final touches with Dotz included in the February Color Kitz Collection. All the heart eyes with the finishing touches!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm so happy you popped by. Swing by the Shimmerz Shop to grab your February Color Kitz Collection. Share the love!

XOXO
-Samantha Robles

No comments: