Monday, January 27, 2020

Focus On What's Important

Hi everyone! Melissa here with a design team page for the amazing Shimmerz Paints. I love these paints, they're easy to use, and the colors are so rich!I've used a photo from free google, by A.M. Lorek.






I put the layers under the photo together,including taping water color paper under the image to make it stronger. Below that is a mat of watercolor paper, and at the bottom is corrugated cardboard. I tore off most the paper from the surface of the cardboard, and painted it with gesso, I put two layers of cardboard between each of the layers to add dimension. 

I painted the paper from 49& Market with clear gesso,and applied texture paste with a stencil and a credit card. 

I picked out Reneabouquets Beautiful Board,arranged it around the page, took it off, and prepped it with gesso. I painted them with Pixie Dust Shimmerz,then Honeymoon Inklingz.   I added a thick coat of Clear Rock Candy Crystal.A lot of the textural elements are from Reneabouquets. Later I added some Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz to the BBoard. 

I drew out the colors of the photo to the watercolor mat and cardboard. I used Honeymoon and Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz, and Green Olive Shimmerz.

I painted the stenciled areas with Precious Metal Shimmerz, then went over it with Bark Intense Watercolor Pencil, a black pen, then Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz. I was trying to show the detail of the stencil.





To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads, glass glitter,distress glitter,copper leaf,glass beads, pearls, Swarovski crystals, rhinestones,sequins, shells, pressed flowers and leaves,tulle,ribbon,pieces of floral picks,flowers from Prima and Reneabouquets, metal from Tim Holtz,Reneabouquets, Vinaj, and bling and metal from my stash. The gorgeous dragonfly is from Reneabouquets.




Thank you so much for looking!




2 comments:

Ann Marie Governale said...

As always so stunning! xxx Ann Marie

Melissa Larson said...

Thank you so much!