Thursday, November 7, 2019

Season of Love | Julee Tilman

Hi Shimmerz friends! It's Julee Tilman popping in again with another shimmery cardmaking creation.


I was in the mood for some emboss resist watercoloring, so started by embossing snowflakes on watercolor paper, then masking off the edges of the panel and started on my background. I did wet on wet, plopping Well Blue Me Down randomly onto the wet paper. I dried the layer, then wet the area again and plopped some Hint of Mint in the other areas. I continued doing this until I had the mottled snowy day kind of look I was going for.

Next I moved on to this sweet snowman. I embossed him in black on watercolor paper, then watercolored with the same two colors, adding in some Bronzed Bombshell, Freshly Squeezed, and Pink Moscato for the little details.


a snowman needs to shimmer, so I finished off with a light coating of Angel Wings on the snowman body.  Then I hand trimmed around the image and set aside. The sentiment is embossed in black on the panel, then I popped the snowman image up on dimensional foam tape and added some shabby edges for a rustic touch.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! As always, you can mention my name when you place an order in the Shimmerz Shop to receive a free paint.  Happy painting!


No comments: