Saturday, September 21, 2019

"First Day, oh yay!" by Samantha Robles

GOOOOOOD Saturday morning everyone! I'm so excited to share this fun layout process of my sweet boy's first day of Preschool. We're homeschooling Oakley so we didn't have the typical first day photo. Which means, I didn't make a typical school layout. No pencils, no textbooks. Nothing like that here. I wanted a layout the shares Oakley's "bubbly" personality in the photo.
The only B2S item on this layout is the fun "Preschool" sticker I found at Joann's. How I started this layout is with some of the colors found on the 3D sticker. Lots of vibrant colors. What I love about this sticker is it's not TONS of primary colors. Primary color school things are not my jam. The colors that matched perfectly to the sticker are:
4 Leaf Clover Spritz
Sweet Heart Vibez
Snow Way Man Vibez
Chick-a-Dee Spritz

After getting my colors ready, I cut circles out using my Cricut. These circles are found in any cutting machine program. I cut anywhere from 4.5 inches to 2.75 inches. Lots of random sizing. After my circles are all cut and ready, I prime them using Vicki Boutin's gesso. THE BEST GESSO EVER! It's like crafting butter. It's awesome stuff.
Next, I spray each circle. I cannot stress this enough: Do not worry about making it perfect. Some spots will absorb better than others as you can see. You want that though. 
You can add as many layers as you want. The more layers of color you add, the more vibrant the get. Let those circles sit and dry for about 20 minutes. If you add more, let it sit about 10 minutes longer per layer. 
Once your circles are dry, they're ready to add on! I did put my 3D sticker on first so my circles would surround it and the photo. Making them the center focal point. After adding my circles on, I journal at the bottom of the page. I did make a mistake in that. I chose a Sharpie pen that matches the 4 Leaf Clover but it showed up super light. Lesson learned. It does NOT look like it does on the lid, he he!
The final touch is adding some fun thread to add on the fun messy look. And there you have it!
Thanks for popping by. Don't forget, tomorrow the Shimmerz Paints Website is getting a facelift, so just hang tight if you're shopping tomorrow. It'll be so worth it, I promise!

No comments: