Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Mermaid Shimmerz | Ericka Strange

Hello Shimmerz Fanz! I hope your week is going well. Ericka here with a mermaid card I made using a variety of Shimmerz products. I love how easy it is to mix and match these products to create beautiful shine and colors in any project.


I started by creating the background for the mermaid. I wanted to see if I could get watery look with my Vibez and Shimmerz. I took Bristol Smooth paper and lightly sprayed water on one side and then using the end of the spray, took the Jeni B Bleu and Hermit the Frog and added color so that it would drip down the page. Once that layer dried, I used Shimmerz in Tickle Me Turquoise and Evergreen and added some more water and color to my brush to layer the shimmery color. While my background was drying, I stamped the mermaid and her little friends and heat embossed them with WOW Aventurine powder. This powder is a beautiful turquoise color with gold glitter which complements the Shimmerz perfectly.

I used the same Shimmerz in Tickle Me Turquoise and Evergreen and also added Bumbly Bee and 1 Hot Mama Creameez. I love how the Creameez blended with the Turquoise to give her purple highlights. Once everything was dry, I cut out my images and added them to my shimmery background.



Thanks for stopping by and feel free to check out my blog for more information on how I made my card. Don't forget to check out the new and beautiful August Kitz!



Remember that typing code ERICKA in the comments section of your Shimmerz Paints store order will earn you a fun FREEBIE! 






No comments: