Sunday, June 23, 2019

More Summer Fun | Ericka Strange

Hello Shimmerz Fanz and Happy Summer! I hope you are all enjoying the your summer and hopefully a more relaxing pace. Ericka here with a couple of cards I made using the free Summer Fun cut file shared on the Facebook page Shimmerz Paints Sharez. Hopefully you are already part of the group, if not click on the name above and join up for some fun giveaways, contest and challenges this Summer!


This cut file was so fun to play with and there are so many great ways to use it. For my first card I used the whole cute file and made a square card measuring 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". I wanted to use all of these fun designs and cut them on my Silhouette. Once they were cut, I used a variety of Shimmerz to paint the images. Check out the products below for a list of colors.

After my page dried, I removed the cut portions and used spray adhesive to adhere it to a white card base.


I was tempted to leave the card just like this since I didn't want to cover up any of these fun images. In the end I used an older cut file and added the sentiment using black vinyl and vellum.



For my second card, I used only half of the cute file and made a regular A2 card.



I traced out where I wanted to place the cute file on watercolor paper and then filled in the blocks with Shimmerz Bumble Bee, Pip Pip Cherry O, Peacock's Plum and Orange Sherbet.


I used the same sentiment for the card with black vinyl and vellum.

For my third card I used Spritz in Caribbean Sunset and Sapphire on watercolor card stock.


I sprayed the Caribbean Sunset and let the layer dried and then used the Sapphire. This cut file has so many great options.


Thanks for stopping by and feel free to check out my blog Strangely Creative for more details. I hope you get a chance to snag this awesome file and make some fun summer projects.




Don't forget if you place an order with Shimmerz Paints to mention my name, Ericka Strange, in the comment section of the order for a fun freebie!

http://www.shimmerzpaints.com/shop.php

Shimmerz Paints Products Used:
Shimmerz Paints - Spritz - Sapphire
Spritz - Sapphire
Shimmerz Paints - Sprtiz - Carribean Sunset
Sprtiz - Carribean Sunset
Shimmerz Paints - Shimmerz - Bubble Gum Blast
Shimmerz - Bubble Gum Blast
Shimmerz Paints - Shimmerz - Bumbly Bee
Shimmerz - Bumbly Bee
Shimmerz Paints - Shimmerz - Coffee
Shimmerz - Coffee
Shimmerz Paints - Shimmerz - Evergreen
Shimmerz - Evergreen
Shimmerz Paints - Shimmerz - Jilted Jade
 Shimmerz - Jilted Jade
Shimmerz Paints - Shimmerz - Orange Sherbert
Shimmerz - Orange Sherbert
Shimmerz Paints - Shimmerz - Peacock's Plume
Shimmerz - Peacock's Plume
Shimmerz Paints - Shimmerz - Pip-Pip Cherry-O
Shimmerz - Pip-Pip Cherry-O
Shimmerz Paints - Shimmerz - Roayl Red
Shimmerz - Roayl Red
Shimmerz Paints - Shimmerz - Royal Purple
Shimmerz - Royal Purple
Shimmerz Paints - Shimmerz - Sugar Plum
Shimmerz - Sugar Plum
Shimmerz Paints - Shimmerz - Tickle Me Turquoise
 Shimmerz - Tickle Me Turquoise
Shimmerz Paints - Shimmerz - Wisteria Lane
Shimmerz - Wisteria Lane

No comments: