Monday, June 10, 2019

Mermaids Welcome!



Hi everyone, Melissa here for the amazing Shimmerz Paints! I love the quality and color of these paints. I can get the exact color and shimmer I want with them. The chipboard, paper, and a lot of the textural elements are from Reneabouquets.




To make this page I applied clear gesso to Blue Fern paper. I put the layers under the photo together, I taped on card stock under the image to make it stronger. Below that is a layer of watercolor paper, and at the bottom is a layer of canvas.I put layers of foam core board between everything, to add dimension. I painted the canvas with gesso. I stenciled on texture paste, painted it with Steely Blue Eyes Inklingz, and topped it with Clear Rock Candy Crackle.




I picked out Beautiful Board, sponged on gesso,then painted it with Shimmerz Paints, and when dry, topped it with a thick coat of Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint. The colors I used are: Blue My Mind, and First Blush Inklingz. and Peacock's Plume, and Christmas Cheer Shimmerz.The brown is Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz. I used a wet on wet technique, I brushed on color, then while wet, dropped in different colors. The crackle paint gives it an even, spread out appearance.You can also see gold mica powder, I dabbed it on to sort of tie everything together. The background colors by the mermaids,and on the canvas and watercolor paper are the Penny color, Honeymoon Inklingz,Imperial Amethyst Inklingz, and Ultra marine Shimmerz.





To add visual interest I added micro beads, glass glitter,metal and distress glitter, seed beads,glass beads, pearls, Swarovski crystals,rhinestones,pressed flowers and leaves, metal from Reneabouquet,Vintaj, Tim Holtz, and my stash, and bling from my stash.





This photo was taken a long time ago, my sister in law had a dinner for us the night before my husband and I left from Northport, Long Island, to California. It was for a job transfer, and we drove, almost 3000 miles. My hubby is on the left, a little of  him, then me, my father and mother in law, Einar and Stella, and my sister in law, Liz. You can see the water in the background. 











At the bottom, on the background paper I added a lot of Pixie Dust Blingz. The intensely glimmery shine is amazing!





I rubbed on silver mica powder in several areas on the background paper.










Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!




No comments: