Thursday, May 2, 2019

Me! A layout by Samantha Robles

Hi Friends! Samantha here and I'm back with a new layout process using the NEW Shimmerz Color Kitz: The May Edition. I'm OBSESSED with this kit. First off, it has one exclusive new color: "You're the Zest". It's the Spritz equivalent of "Limoncello" Shimmerz. It's stunning! This kit also has one of my favorite Vibez colors, "Sweet Heart". Let's get to playing!!


 This layout was inspired by the new Taylor Swift music video, "ME!". This color kit has all the same colors featured in her new video. It's a sea of gorgeous color. This video will make any color junkie drool! The butterflies in the beginning of the video inspired this layout. Blooming into a fun process.
Layout color inspiration board
I started with a blank sheet of textured paper. Texture is always best when using paints. It holds the paint better and makes it warp less. Cause NO one likes warp-y paper, right? Heck no! I splattered the first color in the kit, Ride the Tide Creameez. A little goes a long ways. I wait until my paint gets a little thicker as it dries back up. It makes the color more vibrant and adds more of a powerful impact.

While those tiny splatters are drying, I snagged this amazing layered butterfly cut file from Paige Evans. I will say, the OCD came out in me. I divided the butterflies up to have an even amount per color. That was the longest part. Once they were all divided up, I sprayed  the butterflies with the new "You're the Zest" and "Sweet Heart" sprays, then painted the remaining butterflies with the "It's Mint to Be" Shimmerz, included in the kit. Let you butterflies dry for a few minutes. A thing I cannot stress enough is the butterflies, painted and sprayed, are all ONE coat. Isn't that crazy!? That's how vibrant these colors are.

One the butterflies have had some time to dry, I hot glue all the pieces together, rotating the colors. Now, I can add all my embellishments!
These cute little sprinkles are added in with the kit. They add that last final magical touch. 
The final touch is these cute puffy stickers from American Crafts and a oh-so-sweet photo of my baby, Oak.

Thanks so much so joining me today. Don't hesitate to snag this kit. They sell QUICK! Especially when exclusive colors are involved *wink!*

Have a happy weekend!

-Samantha Robles



1 comment:

Ahamed said...

Great work! nice blog for graphic design. If you need Clipping Path Service.