Friday, March 15, 2019

March Card Making Kit | Julee Tilman

Hi Shimmerz friends! Have you checked out the March Card Making Kit yet? It's a darling little kit that includes circus themed stamps, coordinating dies, AND a fabulous spring color palette all at a steal of a price! If you want a close up look at things, I created a little walk through video of what's included, which you can view below or on my YouTube channel.



Aren't the kit colors just dreamy together? The kit includes Great Fruit, Lettuce Get Together and Ride the Tide Creameez, Granny Gray Spritz, and the beautiful Life is a Circus stamp and coordinating die set from Pink & Main. Normally, just the stamps and dies alone would cost $31.00, but you can get the whole kit for just $34.95! That's a 20% savings!



Below are a few of the cards I created with the kit.


For this card, I pulled out a Fabriano watercolor note card and created a simple wash with Ride the Tide and Lettuce Get Together Creameez. I then splattered with Granny Gray Spritz. Next I stamped the elephant and seal images from the Life is a Circust stamp set included in the kit and watercolored using just the four colors in the kit. When my images were dry, I die cut them with the coordinating dies. The You're the Greatest Friend On Earth sentiment is embossed in white on black cardstock and then cut into a thin strip and layered onto the card. I roughed up the edges of the black mat to mirror the edges on the notecard to finish things off.


My next card is a sweet little birthday card I made for a friend's child.


For this card, I started by watercoloring stripes across a white panel with all the colors in the kit, repeating the granny gray on the top and bottom. I cut this into a rounded rectangle shape and matted with gray cardstock.  The monkey image and the balloon image are watercolored with the kit colors and cut with the coordinating dies. I embossed the Have the Greatest Day on Earth sentiment in white on gray cardstock and then cut the ends of the strip in a banner shape. I finished with a white card base dry embossed with the use of an embossing folder.



My final card is a fun little shaker card. This one was so much fun to put together!

I used the leftover piece of watercolored stripes from cutting the rectangle on the last card as the start of my shaker card, layering a piece of acetate below it.  I splattered all of the inks on white cardstock for the background to the card, then added some sequins inside the shaker. Next I watercolored the elephant, balloons, and cannon with the Shimmerz colors, highlighting in a few places with some coordinating markers.  The Life is a Circus Enjoy the Show sentiment is masked off to split on two lines to fit a ticket strip I had in my stash. I finished off with some distressed edges and a seam binding bow.


I hope you enjoyed this little look at the March Card Making Kit. Be sure to check out all of the fabulous March Color Kitz in the Shimmerz shop!





No comments: