Thursday, January 10, 2019

Wonderful | Niki Rowland


Hi Shimmerz Fans! Niki here today and I'm sharing a Christmas layout today. I wanted to make a striped Shimmerz background to build my layout so that's what I started off doing. There is a process video for this layout too which is linked below.

I started with white card for my background and then began making the stripes. I wanted a sort-of ombre effect, going dark at the bottom up to light towards the top. I've used:


I started off at the bottom and painted the dark green stripe first. I also added flicks of the same colour before moving onto the next. I then painted the next colour and added flicks, and so on until the background stripes were complete. I was away on vacation when making this layout and I didnt have my heat tool on hand, so I patted each layer dry with a paper towel before applying the next colour. It didn't dry the paint completely of course, but it helped a lot.


Once my background was dry, I added my photo in the middle and tucked lots of embellishments around it. I was aiming for tone-on-tone embellishing so added red embellishments to the red stripe and green embellishments to the green stripes etc.

The supplies I've used are mostly Holiday Happenings collection from the December Hip Kit Club kit and I've also added the Merry & Bright acrylic title by Bramblefox. I added stitching through my puffy sticker alphabet and through the puffy tree at the top as I was worried they might not stick (especially as I added them before my background was completely dry!)

I've created a process video for this layout which you can view below. 


Happy scrapping xx

Products used:

Don't forget that if you place a Shimmerz order and put my name in the comments 
you will recieve a freebie :) 



No comments: