Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Hello My Pretty | Julee Tilman

Hi Shimmerz friends! My boys are super excited for Halloween this year, bringing home all sorts of Halloween drawings and projects from school each day. Their excitement inspired me to pull out some traditional Halloween colors and create this fun card using Shimmerz paints and stamps.


The background of my card is randomly stamped with the outline flower image from the Fresh Start stampz set and then loosely watercolored with Pumpkin Shimmerz. I love how simply beautiful this flower can be for making your own backgrounds.

Next I used an ink blending tool to sponge Pumpkin Shimmerz onto cardstock using the Tim Holtz Shifter Diamonds layering stencil. After this layer dried, I took another pass with Coal Shimmerz to complete the alternating pattern. I decided to use the same stencil for the black panel, repeating in Pumpkin Shimmerz twice, since it had the perfect amount of shimmer to stand out on the black cardstock.


My center piece is cut from some Pebbles Midnight Haunting paper and I painted a bit of Pumpkin Shimmerz on cardstock to mat the circle, then created a rosette with patterned paper. The rosette is a 1.25" x 12" strip of paper, scored at 1/4" intervals, then folded accordion style and glued together  I accented with a stick pin, a bit of ribbon and a flower button that I painted with Pumpkin Shimmerz to match.



Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you're inspired to add a little Shimmerz to your creations this week! And if you're in the mood to pick up some new colors, include my name, Julee Tilman, in the order comments at checkout for a free gift.


Shimmerz Products Used
Shimmerz: PumpkinCoal
Stampz: Fresh Start

No comments: