Thursday, October 18, 2018

Every Single Time Layout | Missy Whidden

Hey, Shimmerz fans!  Missy here with a new layout featuring one of my favorite colors -- Vibez Pink Moscato.  This month all of the DT members are choosing one Shimmerz color to focus on.  I began this page with a blank slate...white cardstock and some white die cuts.  I cut the Leaf Wreath and Leaf Branch cut files by Paige Evans on white cardstock.  I covered them with clear gesso first and then colored them with Pink Moscato and Spritz Treasured Hymn before peeling them off the cutting mat.  I love how deep and rich the Pink Moscato is, and to lighten it up I just added water.  It's one of those colors that look beautiful dark or light.


I sprayed the color onto the cut files and then used a brush to spread more of it around.  These are some of best types of cut files to use if you love dimension because the leaves curl up and pop right off the page.  The specks of gold here are from Inklingz Miner Miner 49er.  I chose this photo of me trying to get a photo with my two girls...haha...you can see how that turned out!  My daughter's shirt matches the pretty pink color.


Since there is a bit of blue in my younger daugther's shirt, I used a matching color for the background.  It's Creameez Ride the Tide, and I applied it with a brayer as well as the packaging technique.  I stitched around in some large messy circles using some dark pink thread to add some fun texture and detail behind the cut files.


I embellished with lots of goodies from the Paige Evans Pick-Me-Up collection.  The colors matched so nicely, and I love all the florals and stickers.  I used some of the Mini Thickers to create my title, which describes my photo...haha!


This beautiful shimmery brown color is Spritz Treasured Hymn.  It is perfect for a Fall color scheme, and it blends nicely with the Pink Moscato.  I fussy cut these floral clusters from a Pick-Me-Up patterned paper.


Have you ever used a brayer to apply paint?  It's awesome because it really doesn't take much paint.  It rolls the color onto the background and makes it nice and thin.  It dries really quickly that way as well.  Here you can see how pretty that blue is.  I added more chipboard hearts, some puffy stickers, some small plastic pieces and some tangled thread.


Here are a few more close-ups of the beautiful colors.




I hope this inspires you to start from scratch and use your Shimmerz to create a layout.  The possibilities are endless when you start with white cardstock and a few embellishments.  People often ask me what my favorite Shimmerz colors are.  I highly recommend Pink Moscato!

I have a process video here for you:



Thanks so much for stopping by!


Supplies Used: 



No comments: