Thursday, July 12, 2018

Hand Painted Roses Background | Nicole Kerr

Hello Shimmerz Fans!

Nicole here and today I have a really fun layout to share with you!
I've been playing with some newer colors of original Shimmerz paints and I just love how this came out.  Here's a quick look at my final layout:




I was inspired by a piece of paper from my stash to create this layout. It is a brightly colored pink and yellow rose paper from Pretty Little Studio and I wanted to recreate the roses on my background.  For this project, I used Shimmerz Moulin Rouge, Shimmerz Magenta and Shimmerz Key Lime.  I painted various tone on tone roses and leaves in different sizes and shades to create my background.  Here are some close ups of my final project:







 Just look how stunning these roses came out! All of that shimmer makes my heart flutter!
The base of the roses are the painted using the same color as the dark accents, I simply diluted the paint with a lot of water.  Once the base of the flower was dry, I added layers on top of it with different intensities of the same paint color.


Thanks so much for joining me today!
Be sure to tag us on social media when you create your backgrounds using Shimmerz Paints!

Until next week, have a creative day!




No comments: