Monday, January 29, 2018

"Paradise Found" by Tina Ollett

Hello there and welcome ! Tina Ollett with you here today to share my very first project as a Design Team member. I am just a little more than excited and happy to share with you my project titled.....

"Paradise Found"


I have to say I have never used Shimmerz before ever but I am absolutely hooked after my first use.
For my project here I decided to create a media layout from scratch. So to do this I have primed a piece of 12 x 12 inch chipboard with gessos firstly.
Everything primed I then went on to colouring my background and to do this I did some spritzing with Shimmerz "Chance of Rain" Spritz...........omg ! This colour is amazing. The perfect colour for and beach or seaside layout.


I went on to creating some texture on my background and to do this I added some Shimmerz "Salt of the Earth" Paste-eez through the Dusty Attic Fishnet Stencil. This paste is produces an awesome effect of bubbling and thickening when heat set I found. So this is what I did.


I then went on to colouring my chipboards.  I started with my frames firstly which you can see above. These were firstly coated with a dabbing of Salt of the Earth Paste-eez. I heat set it and then added a little more Paste-eez but in the colour of "Sea you in the Mornin'" an absolutely stunning colour. So rich and creamy and shiny to boot. I heat set this and then inked the frames and then to highlight my colouring a little more I coated the entire frames with Dusty Attic Clear Crackle Varnish and left this to dry and crackle. It accentuates the Paste-eez colour beautifully. The clocks and anchor were treated similarly with this technique.


And then my last pieces of chipboards were dressed a little differently. These I inked with a brown ink and then I used some Shimmerz Creameez in the colour of Firm Foundation. Wow the richness of  these are astonishing! A definite favourite from this group of colours for me. I will be using this one again very soon. I left these to dry and then gave them a touch of dry brushing with my gesso.


The Dusty Attic chains that you see above have been spritzed with Spritz "Chance of Rain". Such a beautiful and easy way to colour chipbards. 


And a close-up and of the large embellishment cluster to the left of the photos. I have also added in some shells from my last visit to the beach along with some gorgeous 49andMarket florals.

And remember that if you are submitting a Shimmerz order leave my name in the comments section and you will receive 1 mini surprise freebie.


Until next time happy scrapping and take care. 
Hugs 

Teen x



No comments: