Saturday, January 27, 2018

Just Enjoy Today Layout | Suzanna Stein

Hey crafty pals! Suzanna here - I'm so excited to be back sharing a vibrant mixed media layout. This 2-page spread was so fun to create.


I started out by putting down a layer of teal tissue paper, along with a few pieces of washi tape with "today" printed on it. Then, I got into the fun stuff. I used various colors of Spritz, Vibez, and Coloringz to create sprays and splatters across the layout. I'll have all the specific colors listed and linked below!

Once the splatters and sprays dried, I went in with Texturez in Crushed Coral and Patina. Using a craft sponge, I sponged the colors around the layout, creating colorful and textured clouds.


After each layer of colors and textures, I made sure to let the pages dry completely so the shapes and splatters stayed and didn't run together, creating a muddy color.

Next, I put a little bit of Paste-Eez Puttin' On The Glitz in a palette, added a half spray of Vibes Rollin' in the Hay, Spritz Chance of Rain, and Coloringz No Yoking. I mixed those together, creating a fun vibrant green color. This color went perfectly with the rest of the layout! I used it to add texture by spreading it through one of my favorite stencils.


I continued to add sprays/splatters and various layers until I felt happy with the layout. Then I went back in with acrylic craft paint and added a few of my signature paint marks. If you follow me over on Instagram, you've probably seen these on my mixed media pages before - they're my favorite!


To add a little extra dimension, I added a few extra splatters of Coloringz Moody Mauve (my favorite!). I also used Creameez Boogie Boardin' Blue, Shimmerz Marigold, and Shimmerz Green Olive for a little extra shine.

I finished off the layout with a bold black border and a short, simple quote.


I hope this layout gave you a little inspiration for your next mixed media layout. I had so much fun creating it and couldn't wait to share it with you!

I'll be back soon to share more crafty goodness! In the mean time - have fun getting crafty and don't forget to get messy!

xo, Suzanna

Products Used: Texturez Crushed Coral, Texturez Patina, Paste-Eez Puttin' On The Glitz, Vibes Rollin' in the Hay, Spritz Chance of Rain, Spritz Bamboo Leaf, Coloringz No Yoking, Coloringz Moody Mauve, Coloringz Well Blue Me Down, Creameez Boogie Boardin' Blue, Shimmerz Marigold, and Shimmerz Green Olive

No comments: