Thursday, May 4, 2017

Happy Life Layout with Nicole

Hi-ya all! Nicole here and today I have a super fun layout to share with you!
My inspiration behind this layout came from a 12x12 sheet of scrapbook paper I had laying around on my desk. This sheet was completely covered in outlines of houses and it was just calling my name to color in!...and what a better way to color than use the amazing Inklingz and Creameez paints! They are softer toned colors with a beautiful shimmer effect. They added the perfect amount of color so it didn't over power my layout and be too distracting. Here is the completed layout:


When I began the layout, I started with some quick brush strokes in the background. Nothing too complex, just random horizontal lines alternating back and fourth between the six colors that I chose. While that was drying, I picked a few of the houses to color in using those same colors so everything coordinated. I colored in a few trees, fences, a light post, clouds, a smaller sun and a few hearts. Once those were all dry, I began to layer my scene.  Because the houses were colored as well, I decided to use white houses in my background and the ones I painted in the foreground to break the color a bit.  I used card stock stickers from the newer Shimelle & American Crafts line to add a few more trees and the cute animal stickers, since this layout focuses on my son's love of his monkey.  Here are a few close ups of the finished layout:






  I added my journaling along with the title to the bottom of the layout to keep the top of it more airy. I also added in a few bits of tangled thread and enamel dots for a few finishing touches and that was it! 
Here are the paints that I used on this layout along with links:



Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed and got inspired!  








No comments: