Saturday, May 13, 2017

Abstract Finger-painting using AcriTonez and Pastes | Zinia Amoiridou

Hello once again shimmery friends! It's Zinia here and today I want to share with you another abstract art journaling page I created using a mix of AcriTonez and some Shimmerz Pastes.



So before we get to the fun part let me tell what colors I used on this page:
  • AcriTonez - 3 Sheets to the wind
  • AcriTonez - Jiven Jade
  • AcriTonez - Blue My Top
  • AcriTonez - Pinkadelic
  • AcriTonez - Roses Are Red...
  • Dazzlerz - Gummy Berry Blue
  • Dazzlerz - Lemon Drop
  • PASTE-EEZ - Tree Hugger
  • PASTE-EEZ - Hold the Mustard

To begin, I used a plastic palette and mixed my own shades using the colors I mentioned above. I wanted to have a pastel palette with a few pops of bright colors. (I'd definitely recommend watching the video for some great tips on creating your own color palette and mixing colors.)



I roughly added a thin layer of gesso using a palette knife leaving all sorts of messy marks to create texture. Then I started dipping my fingers in the paint and spreading the color all over the page.





There's something really special about having physical contact with your art work. It becomes much more personal plus it's really a lot of fun to use your hands and fingers to apply the paint :).
The whole process was really intuitive and I wasn't really thinking about composition or shapes, I just wanted to add color on my page.



I tried to lay down the color without over blending it, creating interesting strokes and texture.


Thank you so much for joining me today. I really hope you enjoyed the process of this page. If you got inspired and you plan on ordering some yummy Shimmerz products make sure to mention my name "Zinia" at the comment section of your order to receive a FREE Shimmerz product! 





No comments: