Saturday, April 8, 2017

Lost Fairytale Art Journal Spread | Zinia Amoiridou

Hello shimmery friends! It's Zinia here to share with you another art journal spread I created using some of my favorite Shimmerz products.


The products I used are:
  • Shimmerz Paints in Bubble Gum Blast, Ultra Marine, Tickle Me Turquoise and Sunny
  • Blingz in Pixie Dust
  • Paste-Eez in Hold the Mustard
  • Creameez in Boogie Boardin' Blue
  • Inklingz in I'm not Limon, Coral Reef and Blue My Mind
  • Acritonez in Pinkadelic, Jiven Jade and 3 Sheets to the Wind

This spread is really so full of layers and texture. I started with a layer of inklingz and creameez in blue and green shades just to set a base for my page. Then I continued by adding some random shapes using a mix of Acritonez.

The background building part is usually my most favorite. It's a really fun and spontaneous process. I kept adding layers and areas of color until I was happy with how it looked.


Once my background was relatively dry, I sketched a little girl with a pencil and went back in with various Shimmerz products to color it.

The Coral Reef Inklingz works perfectly as a flesh tone. I mixed in a few drops of gesso for opacity and used it to color the face.



I added some final shading and details with my brush markers and then I wrote my journaling. I really love the look of messy script on an art journal page. I really feel like is the detail that makes everything come together.




Thank you so much for joining me. I really hope you enjoyed the process of this spread. If you got inspired and you plan on ordering some yummy Shimmerz products make sure to mention my name "Zinia" at the comment section of your order to receive a FREE Shimmerz product! 




No comments: