Thursday, January 26, 2017

Valentine's Day Card and Gift Tag with Nicole


Hi everyone! Nicole here and today I have some inspiration for you to begin those Valentine's Day cards and gift tags!  Me, I always seem to wait until the last minute to make my cards, but the products made it so easy, I simply couldn't wait!
 Shimmerz has loads of gorgeous pinks, purples and so many more colors in several lines fabulous for cards, but today, I'm featuring two of their newest products released, the Paste-eez and AcriTonez. I also used one of my favorite Blingz too!  Here are some close ups:



One of my favorite uses for the AcriTonez is to paint wood veneers. Because this is a self priming paint, the wood doesn't absorb all of the color like a typical watercolor paint would. The heart on the bottom right corner of the tag was painted with just one coat!


 
For the background of the card and tag, I used the Raspberry Sherbet Paste-eez and added a lot of water to it so I could do the "packaging" technique.  Once that dried, I used the Gold Glimmer Blingz as shimmery splatters and droplets.  I used that same Paste-eez and dry brushed a thin layer onto white card stock which I cut for a few of my hearts. I repeated this process using the Gold Glimmer Blingz for the other hearts and "love" sentiments.


I used the AcriTonez in Pinkadelic and painted the wood veneer birds just like I did for the heart on the tag. I also used a heart stencil and the Raspberry Sherbet Paste-eez to add smaller hearts to the background. Once everything was dry, I adhered all of my layers and sentiment together.


I love how I used just one color of Paste-eez and was able to create the background, stenciled hearts and a large focal image and all three are different shades of pink that work amazing together!


 Here are the Shimmerz products I used:
 

Thanks so much for joining me today!
I hope that I have inspired you to create your very own Valentine's Day cards and tags for your family and friends!








No comments: