Sunday, January 8, 2017

Real Sweet Layout | Katty Miranda

Hello everyone! Katty here, I am beyond excited to share my very first post here as a part of the amazing Shimmerz Paints Design Team. I am loving the new products we just released. Today, I will be working with the Acritonez, these are the self priming Acrylic Paints. These paints are very versatile. I am using white cardstock as the base of my layout. I used my Silhouette Cameo and cut out two flower sets from the Silhouette Studio that were meant to be layered on top of each other.

I began by painting all of the flower pieces individually. I began with the Acritonez in the color Pink-a-delic. I used the color in several different ways, in it's true form, as an acrylic paint. I also mixed in some water, which slightly lightened the color. I even mixed in some other Shimmerz products like the Spritz in Ruby which darkened the color. I wanted a lot of different shades of pinks and corals to create a big cluster of flowers. I used some of the flowers as a stencil in a few areas within the cluster.

I also used a few other colors, Spritz in Cotton Candy and Caribbean Sunset, a Vibez in Sweet Heart and a Creameez in My Clementine. For the leaves I used the new Acritonez in Jivin' Jade and a leaf cut file also from the Silhouette Studio. I used the leaves as a stencil as well as the leaf cutfile itself.

I used three photos of my adorable niece from this past Halloween. I printed them in a smaller size and used a scallop punch to give them a fun shape. I lined them up above my cluster of flowers and added dimensional foam behind them. 

For my tittle I used silver glitter foam word thickers from the Pinkfresh Studio Felicity Collection. I added a few stickers from an Elle's Studio sticker sheet and I used a Heidi Swapp pink and white diagonal stripe patterned paper to mat the whole layout. I love how it turned out.
There is a process video on my YouTube channel if you'd like to watch.


Products used:
Acritonez: Pink-a-delic, Jivin' Jade
Creameez: My Clementine
Vibez: Sweetheart
Spritz: Caribbean Sunset, Cotton Candy, Ruby

Thanks so much for stopping by! Remember, if you make any purchases from Shimmerz Paints be sure to mention my name and you will receive a FREE product with your order.
XOXO

2 comments:

Giraffe Creations said...

This is very cute! Thanks for sharing your pricess!
-Yar Ortiz

Unknown said...

Thanks so much, Yar! :)