Saturday, January 7, 2017

Creating inspiration prompts for the New Year



Happy New Year!  It's Beck Beattie here to share with you a fun planner project.  So the new year is here, and I'm getting myself organised!  I would like to keep myself inspired and want to have some little prompts and words of focus for the year ahead.  Although I haven't yet created my 'wish list' - still thinking on those, my card is ready to go and i'll add some wishes using a typewriter and then cut them into strips before adding to the card.


I created it to be able to be affixed to any part of the planner with a bulldog clip.  This will enable it to move with the dates and always be a great visual memory enabling me to keep focus on achieving those 'wishes'

To create the background on my card which you could use this technique on any project you desire... maybe a scrapbook page or a card or even an Art Journal page.  

I started out with the die and some Shimmerz Aqua huez.  I took 2 pieces of white cardstock and die cut one, the other forming the base of my card.  



I then used the die cut as a stencil an painted the colour through onto the card with the Little Boy Blue at the top and the Gray Matter at the bottom, blending them in the middle.


Doing this I found I had color on my die cut, I added a little more and then stamped that onto some cardstock for another project 


As you can see it quickly came together!  Then adhering all the elements together with paper and embellishments it came together rather quickly.  I also added an additional piece of the pattern paper as a base for the white cardstock cutting it slightly larger to achieve a decorative boarder around the card.

Shimmerz Products Used:

Aqua Huez in 'Little Boy Blue'
Aqua Huez in 'Gray Matter'

Other products used:
Fundamentals Doilies 
Fundamentals Sentiment toppers 
Bella True Romanic Paperz 'Love'
Kaisercraft Mixed Media circles die
White cardstock
Fun Stampers Journey Planner




Hope you enjoyed my share today,  and maybe found some inspiration for the new year ahead!


Till next time


Like what I have used and would like to get your hands on some?  See below:  


No comments: