Thursday, October 13, 2016

Song Journal Entry by Stephanie Buice



Hi everyone! Stephanie here! After a little break from the blog, I'm sharing my most recent song journal entry with you using some of my favorite Shimmerz products.
I'm a huge sucker for how pretty they look sitting on my desk as I'm mixing my colors, so it's always one of the project pictures I look forward to taking most.



I decided to do this page on the song "Your Love Is Extravagant" by Casting Crowns. This isn't a new song by any means, but one that for some reason I had found myself singing the other day. It was a great reminder for me to stop and go back to listen to this gem. 


I started this page by painting some loose little flowers on my cardstock, I had to laugh at myself a bit after it was done and I took a look at it, they ended up looking like hearts which wasn't exactly what I was going for in the beginning, but they fit the message of my page perfectly so I decided to keep them.

 

After my flowers were done I decided to add my song lyrics and journaling. I typed the lyrics with my typewriter then used a pen to add in a few thoughts myself.  Then I decided I wanted to add some colors to the background so I mixed a few shades of aqua blue and green and splashed them on my page with a brush.


When my paints were fully dried I added in my title and a few stamps here and there to finish off my page. What started off as something I wasn't exactly crazy about, turned into a little treasured reminder in my journal.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Stephanie.
Supply List: Coloringz: Pretty In Pink, No Yolking; Creameez: My Clementine, Trippin' in The Tropics, Piggy Pink, Just Peachie, Ride The Tide, Lettuce Get Together, Me & Blue; Illustrated Faith Devotional Kit: How He Loves Us.

No comments: