Monday, May 23, 2016

Play- Scrapbooking Tutorial with Irit

Hi! Irit here and I'm happy to share with you a new layout I created using some old and new favorite Shimmerz goodies! Here's the finished layout-


I started by preparing my cardstock with gesso. Next I mixed white acrylic paint with Blue Jeans Vibez. It's a new color for me and I love it! Mixing it with white created the most beautiful shade of blue. Another option would be to use Inklingz in Corney Flower Blue.


Once the paint was dry I added lots of splatters with Vibez Pop Art Pink, an old favorite. Love this pink. It's a gorgeous warm pink and has gold shimmer. It's a lovely contrast to the cornflower blue.
Next I created my custom embellishments. I love doing this. I sprayed some Vibez in Pop Art Pink, Coloringz in No Yolking and Spritz in Caribbean Sunset on a piece of scrap cardstock. Once that was dry I embossed flowers and fussy cut them. Simple and effective way to create embellishments that work perfectly with your color scheme!


My title is by Crate Paper from their collection Poolside. I printed the words to my daughter's favorite song at the moment on a transparency and added that to my layout. My photo is matted on a Jen Hadfield frame and a few patterned papers from the Felicity Jane kits. Doily from my stash, some older Dear Lizzy ribbon and a flair button also from Felicity Jane were the perfect final touches. 
Watch the video and see how all this came together!


Check out the Shimmerz store for all these goodies and more. Don't forget to mention my name when placing an order, you'll get to choose a free product of your choice! 
Thanks for visiting and have a great day!

No comments: