Wednesday, February 24, 2016

There Is No Greater Love- John 15:13




Good morning everyone! Stephanie here today to share one of my most recent bible journaling pages with you. I have been following along in a beautiful devotional and I just couldn't wait to get this down on paper. So I dug out my Shimmerz paints and got right to work.


This entry was done about John 15:13 "There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friend." 
That verse just gives me such an overwhelming feeling of being truly loved. God loved us so much that He laid down the life of His one and only son for us. There is no greater love than that!

For my background I used a mix of Dazzlers and some acrylics. I swiped the Dazzlers on my page using an old gift card and waited for them to dry a bit, then I went over them with a bit of white paint using a dry paint brush. I mixed a few of them together to get the different shades I was after.


I really wanted my flowers to be one of the things that stood out on this page, I love how they turned out! No matter what kinds of other paints I try I can not achieve this look with anything else but the Dazzlers. I simply layered on the colors until I got the look I wanted, the dimension of these paints adds the perfect touch. For areas that I wanted them to be a little darker I just put on a few more layers. For the leaves I used some of the new Aqua Huez mixed together for a softer more watercolor look.


After everything was dry it was pretty easy to assemble. When I got my flowers and leaves where I liked them I just added in my title and journalling.
Shimmers has been such a fun addition to my bible journaling supplies, they are so fun to experiment with!
Thanks for stopping by!
Stephanie

Supply List: Shimmerz Dazzlers: Sour Apple, Sea U in the Mornin', Red-iculous, Tutti Frutti, Pucker Up Pink, Lemon Drop, Dreamkscicle; Aqua Huez: Leapin' Lizzard, Crazy Daisy, Pot-O-Gold, Rockin Robin. 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE your page! And what devotional is that???