Saturday, February 20, 2016

Mixed media canvas using colouringz


Hello. Felicity with you today.

If you read back a few posts you would see that I have been creating a few canvas for my lounge room.
I initially started out with three little canvas together but have now started adding to it.
They look so pretty on the wall I couldn't help but add to it.
So here is another one, which is a little bigger and fits very nicely together.
Even my hubby commented!! sooooo... they must look good!! tee hee




I have used lots of shimmerz again mostly colouringz. I love how vibrant these are.

Products used:  Colouringz: well blue me down, peachy keen, oh say can u see
                          Vibez: Jeni B Bleu
                          Sprtiz; Caribbean sunset

I meant to take step by step photos for this, but on the day I created it was dark and rainy day and lightening was not being my friend. So please forgive me.

But I simply started out by layering paper on the background, to get some pattern and texture. I then simply add some gesso, very lightly so that I could see some of the pattern paper. I then just added some shimmez. I applied these either by direct spraying, using packaging technique, a paint brush in the shimmerz bottle and nozzle splatters.

Once that was done, I just added all my embellishments.



Lots of shimmery fun.

Happy shimmery creating friends!


No comments: